- It only requires a browser and a text editor to get started.
- It is completely independent of platform (computer type).
- Distribution is simple: publish a web page. Even smart phones will then see your program.
- Java course based on classroom courses and presentations I have given over several years. Includes more than 30 hands-on exercises with worked answers. Goes into good OO design and unit testing with JUnit and EasyMock.
- fruitsq.com, about making circular objects (such as fruit) square. You will also find some galleries of my photos here.
- Our border terriers, Buddy and Kelso, both at about 14 months old.
- Nothing to do with imaging: Sudoku addicts might find my Sudoku helper page useful. A major difficulty with Sudoku is going back if you make a mistake. My page makes that easy. By using different colours you can highlight recent entries. You can also save the state at any time and go back by reloading it. I have also included a "Solve" button but that is only as a last resort. It does not necessarily solve the whole puzzle in one go.
- Some of my photos are now on my Flickr page.
- In the 1970s and 80s I made a number of maps for the sport of orienteering. Here is a page about my orienteering maps.
- Frequently asked questions about photography.
- Frequently asked questions about colour.
- There is also a discussion of colour on my square fruit site. Follow the explanation link.
- Explanation of gamma, as in non-linear response curves.